Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10-15 min.
Our jerk chicken kabobs uses a method of preserving and cooking pork and chicken dates back to when the Carib-Arawak Indians inhabited Jamaica. The food was cooked this way to enhance overall flavor.
|Nutritional Facts per Serving*|
|Total Calories: 236||Protein: 28g (112 cal)||Carbs: 13g (52 cal)||Fat: 8g (72 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- 5 large green onions
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and cut up
- 1 piece (1″) fresh ginger, peeled and cut up
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ¾ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ¾ tsp. nutmeg
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 boneless, skinless 6 oz. chicken breasts
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup pineapple slices
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Dice 2 green onions, and cut remaining 3 onions into 2″-long pieces.
- In a blender, combine diced onions, jalapeño, ginger, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, allspice, lime juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, olive oil, and salt, and blend on high speed until well-blended.
- Transfer herb mixture to a medium bowl. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat evenly.
- Thread chicken onto skewers, alternating chicken, red peppers, green onions, onions, and pineapples.
- Place kabobs on the grill over medium heat. Brush with any remaining marinade. Grill kabobs 10 to 12 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with the tip of a knife.
Blogs You'll Love:
Our Most Read Content:
Shop America's Best Selling Weight Loss Supplements