Mashed potatoes are the classic comfort food, and when you substitute sweet potatoes for white, it’s a nutrient-packed side dish that tastes amazing.
|Nutritional Facts Per Serving*|
|Total Calories: 220||Protein: 3g||Carbs: 32g||Fat: 9g|
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- kosher salt
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with at least 2 inches of water. Add salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes (until potatoes are very tender).
- Using an electric mixer, mash potatoes adding milk, butter and maple syrup.
- Season with salt and pepper.