A dry January, also known as a sober month, is a popular way to kick off the new year by abstaining from alcohol for a month. Not only can it be a great way to reset and recharge after the holiday season, it can also have numerous health benefits such as improved sleep, better skin, weight loss, and a reduced risk of developing certain health conditions. If you’re considering participating in a dry January, here are some tips to help you succeed:
- Set clear goals and expectations: Decide why you want to do a dry January and what you hope to achieve. Are you looking to reset after the holidays, improve your health, or save money? Having clear goals and expectations can help you stay motivated and on track.
- Plan ahead: Determine how you’ll handle social situations and temptation. Will you attend events and gatherings where alcohol will be served? If so, plan ahead and come up with strategies for how you’ll handle them. Maybe Mock-Tails are in order, you can make some delicious ones with our Drink Mix. Maybe we should put some recipes together for you😉
- Find support: It can be helpful to have a supportive network of friends, family, or coworkers who are also participating in a dry January or who are supportive of your decision. You can also join online communities or chat with across our social channels for additional support.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself: It’s okay if you slip up or have a moment of weakness. Don’t let one mistake ruin your entire dry January. Just refocus and start again.
- Remember the benefits: When you’re feeling tempted or struggle to stay motivated, remind yourself of the possible benefits of a dry January. Whether it’s improved sleep, better skin, weight loss, or a reduced risk of health conditions, these benefits can help keep you on track.
- Find alternative activities: Look for fun and engaging activities to fill the time you would normally spend drinking. This could include exercising, trying new hobbies, or spending time with friends and family.
- Treat yourself: It’s important to reward yourself for your hard work and dedication to a dry January. Whether it’s a massage, a new piece of clothing, or a special outing, make sure you’re celebrating your progress and acknowledging the hard work you’ve put in.