Take a trip to Italy with this delicious and hearty Tuscan soup! It’s low calorie and full of flavor – a great addition to your winter recipes!
Calories per serving: 192
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 15 oz. cannellini beans, drained
- 15 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup gluten-free macaroni
- 1 medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped (measure after cutting)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil, garlic, thyme and onions, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add all other ingredients except the gluten-free macaroni and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni, bring the soup back up to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and topped with a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese.