Easy, better-for-you make in advance banana bread.
|Nutritional Facts Per Serving*|
|Total Calories: 135||Protein: 4g||Carbs: 25g||Fat: 2g|
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and almonds, divided
- Baking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8×5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg whites, applesauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thickened.
- Add dry ingredients to your wet mixture – 1/3 at a time – blending on low speed to combine after each 1/3 has been added. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in most of the chopped nuts, reserving a bit for the top of your bread.
- Pour batter into your pan and sprinkle the remaining nuts across the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve at room temperature.