Hot apple cider is great on a cold day, and most recipes tend to pack a sugary punch. Good news, though: you don’t have to pass on it this year! We’ve revamped the traditional recipe, so that you can feel a little less guilty for indulging in this beloved holiday hot drink.
|Nutritional Facts Per Serving*|
|Total Calories: 80||Protein: 0.2g||Carbs: 19.8g||Fat: 0.3g|
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups steeped apple cinnamon tea
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- In a medium saucepan, warm apple juice and tea over low-medium heat.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Cover and continue to warm for 15 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup and orange zest, then re-cover. Let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a mesh strainer to catch spices and fruit.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!