This egg muffin recipe is easy, healthy, and will take care of your breakfast for an entire week!
|Nutritional Facts Per Serving – 2 egg muffins|
|Total Calories: 164||Protein: 12g||Carbs: 2g||Fat: 10g|
- 6 large eggs
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color!)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 3 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (of your choice)
*Note: for a vegetarian option, omit the bacon.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter, cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a non-stick pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Dry the bacon on a plate lined with paper towel, then chop it up or crumble it.
- In the same bacon pan, cook the onion and peppers until soft, then add the spinach and cook until its wilted.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Fold in the bacon, veggies and cheese, then pour the mixture into the individual muffin tins.
- Bake until golden, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let it cool, then store it in the fridge or freezer and you have breakfast for the foreseeable future!