Instead of mom’s traditional recipe, try this lighter version that has fewer calories and carbs but is still big on taste. Even better – it’s super fun to make!
Do you shy away from lasagna because it can be heavy on the cals? This recipe is loaded with fresh ingredients, and it will definitely become a staple in your clean cookbook. Plus, it’s so fun to make! Serve it at your next girl’s night and have your BFFs prep it with you!
Servings: 8 (3 roll-ups per serving)
|Nutritional Facts per Serving|
|Total Calories: 299||Protein: 23.6g||Carbs: 18.4g||Fat: 15.4g|
*Values are approximate
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups tomato sauce (we prefer homemade )
- 4 medium zucchinis, sliced 1/8″ thick (use a mandolin to slice zucchini and try broiling the zucchini slices before assembling your lasagna to avoid excess moisture)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, parsley, Parmesan cheese and an egg. Stir well.
- In a casserole dish, generously coat the bottom with tomato sauce.
- Begin assembling your lasagna roll-ups by placing zucchini slices on a cutting board or wax paper on the counter. Spread about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over each individual zucchini noodle.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese.
- Carefully roll up and place them in the baking dish.
- Use remaining tomato sauce to top the zucchini lasagna rolls.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered with foil for approximately 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more until cheese is melted.