Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 5 to 7 min.
Curried Eggs are considered one of nature’s most nutritious and versatile foods. They’re a great and convenient source of protein, and they can be cooked in many different ways and take well to many different spices to enhance their flavor.
|Nutritional Facts per Serving*|
|Total Calories: 172||Protein: 17g (68 cal)||Carbs: 17g (68 cal)||Fat: 4g (36 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 hard-boiled eggs and 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Spray a medium saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend together yogurt, flour, and curry powder.
- Chop up eggs and combine with egg whites.
- Stir eggs, onions, salt, and pepper into yogurt mixture.
- Cook egg mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is just bubbling.
- Cook spinach, then arrange in ramekins.
- Spoon hot egg mixture over spinach.