Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 to 15 min.
|Nutritional Facts per Serving|
|Total Calories: 196||Protein: 6g (24 cal)||Carbs: 25g (100 cal)||Fat: 8g (72 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- 1¾ cups water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1½ cups carrots, grated
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup low-fat feta cheese, cubed
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add couscous. Reduce heat and cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer couscous to a large bowl. Add green pepper, carrots, red onion, and cherry tomatoes. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, olive oil, pepper, and salt.
- Pour over couscous mixture.
- Serve topped with feta cheese.
Try Couscous for a Change
Couscous salad is often mistaken for rice but is actually a form of semolina originating from North Africa. It can be used in salads or as a side dish with chicken or fish. Not only is couscous more flavorful than rice, but it takes a shorter amount of time to cook.