These yummy Chili Lime Roasted Chickpeas are great as a snack, or try them in your salad instead of croutons – same crunch, more fiber and protein, fewer carbs!
|Nutritional Facts per Serving|
|Total Calories: 88||Protein: 4.2g||Carbs: 12.3g||Fat: 3g|
*Values are approximate
- 15-oz. can unsalted chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer over a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake them 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, chili powder, grated lime peel, lime juice, kosher salt and cumin in a bowl.
- Let chickpeas cool for 5 minutes, then drizzle with oil mixture and shake the pan to coat them.
- Let chickpeas cool completely. Eat immediately or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!