Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe Summary
Prep Time: 10 to 12 min.
Cooking Time: 55 to 60 min.
|Nutritional Facts per Serving|
|Total Calories: 238||Protein: 17g (68 cal)||Carbs: 20g (80 cal)||Fat: 10g (90 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- 1 package of gravy mix
- 1½ lbs. extra-lean, ground beef
(or extra-lean ground turkey or chicken)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with skim milk)
- 1 tsp. chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine gravy mix with ground beef, onion, pepper, garlic and salt. Pour mixture into a shallow baking pan.
- Prepare potatoes by mashing them and adding skimmed milk. Add chives to potatoes, mix and spread over beef mixture.
- Put in oven and bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese over meatloaf. Bake for the last 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Go for extra-lean, cheesy meatloaf. If you’re following a weight loss plan, ground beef can still be a part of your diet. Just make sure you’re choosing the right kind. Look for ground meat that is labeled extra-lean or lean, meaning that more of the fat is trimmed from the meat.