Prep Time: 10 to 15 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Servings: Makes 10 muffins
Try this low-calorie favorite as a delicious start to the day or as a snack between meals.
|Nutritional Facts per Serving|
|Total Calories: 136||Protein: 6g (24 cal)||Carbs: 25.5g (102 cal)||Fat: 1.2g (10.8 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 scoop whey protein powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup banana (mashed)
- ¼ cup skimmed milk
- ½ cup of apple sauce (unsweetened)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites, banana, milk and apple sauce.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Line muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until tops spring back when pressed.