There’s something to be said for journals. Remember your first? As an adolescent, wasn’t there something so special about jotting down all your thoughts and dreams in this book that was meant for your eyes only. You thought you had the perfect hiding place under your mattress, only to walk in and find your little sister flipping through the pages. Or how about a gratitude journal? Have you experienced the good vibes that can occur after taking the time to write down all the things you’re grateful for?
There’s just something so beneficial about putting it all down on paper. And nothing can be truer than with tracking your food in a journal. In fact, one study has found that keeping a food diary can double your weight loss.1 So if you feel like your weight loss results have stalled and need a little inspiration, keeping a food journal can do wonders.
- Weight loss, better food choices, detecting food intolerances
- Highlight unhealthy patterns or habits you never realized you had
- Help with mindful eating
- Indicate if you’re eating too quickly (which could result in things like heartburn and bloating)
- You may discover you’re an emotional eater and eating when you’re not hungry
- Identify triggers that are contributing factors to overeating
- It may cause you to think twice about over-indulging if you’re going to see it on paper
- Find a method that works best for you – pen and notebook, computer or apps like the Hydroxycut app
- Whichever method you choose, be consistent, write every day and in the same amount of detail every day
- Make your journaling convenient – if it becomes a hassle, you’ll stop
- Include the extras: condiments, a sample at Costco, finishing up your kids’ chicken fingers, so they don’t go to waste. Transparency is key!
- Include notes on how you feel after your meal. Are you still hungry, feeling stuffed, or was it the perfect amount of food?
1“Keeping a Food Diary Doubles Diet Weight Loss, Study Suggests.” ScienceDaily.
You’re working hard to get fit and look great. Hydroxycut® can give you an added edge for weight loss and help you reach your goals.
Average weight loss with C. canephora robusta was 10.95 lbs. in 60 days with a low-calorie diet, and 3.7 lbs. in 8 weeks with a calorie-reduced diet and moderate exercise.