Pumpkin Burgers Recipe Summary
Prep Time: 5-8 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
|Nutritional Facts per Serving*|
|Total Calories: 331||Protein: 12g||Carbs: 45g||Fat: 13g|
*Values are approximate
- 6 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. basil, minced
- 1 tsp. honey mustard
- 1 tsp. organic honey
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ cup orange or red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cups spinach or lettuce, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- ½ cup unseasoned pumpkin purée
- ½ cup non-fat plain cottage cheese or low-fat mozzarella
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ⅓ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 6-8″ gluten and wheat-free tortillas or wraps
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet set over low to medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in pepper, garlic, sea salt, and cumin, and continue stirring about 2 more minutes. Transfer ingredients to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, cheese, wheat germ, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, honey mustard, and honey to onion mixture, and mix well.
- With dampened hands, form vegetable mixture into ½” thick patties, using about a half cup for each.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Stack tortillas and wrap in aluminum foil. Place in oven for about 15 minutes to heat through.
- Using 2 teaspoons of oil per batch, cook 2 to 4 patties at a time in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and heated through, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Adjust heat if necessary.
- Wrap patties in tortillas or wraps and serve. Garnish with spinach or lettuce, and fresh tomato salsa if desired.