Mexican Baked Tortillas Recipe Summary
Prep Time: 10-12 min.
Cooking Time: 9 min.
For a low-cal, low-fat condiment, choose this Mexican Baked Tortillas! Salsa can be added to many of your favorite foods as a flavor enhancer that fits perfectly into your weight loss plan!
|Nutritional Facts per Serving*|
|Total Calories: 255||Protein: 17g (68 cal)||Carbs: 29g (115 cal)||Fat: 8g (72 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 3 oz. shredded low-fat cheese
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- In a small bowl, mash a half cup of black beans until almost smooth.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Combine salsa, green onion, mashed beans, remaining beans, and jalapeño, and heat over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and break each egg individually over bean mixture.
- Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange tortillas on a large baking sheet with bean mixture inside and bake 7 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove tortillas from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 2 more minutes or until cheese melts.