Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Recipe Summary
Prep Time: 3 to 5 min.
Cooking Time: 2 to 3 min.
|Nutritional Facts per Serving (Serving size is 2 slices of toast)|
|Total Calories: 265||Protein: 25g (100 cal)||Carbs: 30g (120 cal)||Fat: 5g (45 cal)|
*Values are approximate
- 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg
- 1½ cups skim milk
- ¼ cup Splenda®
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- Whisk together eggs, milk, Splenda, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl.
- Spray griddle or large frying pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat at a medium to medium-high heat.
- Soak the bread slices in egg mixture until moistened. Place bread slice on griddle or frying pan.
- Grill until bottom of bread is browned and then flip with spatula to the other side.
- Serve warm with sprinkled cinnamon (optional).
Extracts Add a Savory Flavor to this Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast
Flavor extracts such as vanilla contain no calories but can offer a great deal of flavor to a recipe. Experiment with different flavors to add some variety to your favorite recipes.