These fall drinks will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy! They are great for hosting a party or for a night in, cuddled up, watching your favorite show. Cheers!
SPICED APPLE CIDER
Serves: 5 Calories per serving: 30
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (or as needed)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. whole cloves
- 2 tbsp. whole allspice
- 1 large black cardamom pod, slightly crushed
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 (2-inch) nub fresh ginger (usually the size of your thumb), sliced thin
- 2 apples, quartered and sliced thin (golden delicious are great choices)
- Peel of 1/2 orange
- Peel of 1/2 lemon
- In a large pot, combine agave, cinnamon, vanilla extract, cloves, allspice and cardamom. Place over high heat. Once the agave starts to liquefy and caramelize, turn stove to medium heat and carefully add cider, then vinegar, ginger, apple and citrus peels.
- Bring all ingredients to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Stir occasionally up to 15 minutes, so all the flavors combine together. Remove from heat and allow cooling to room temperature. Then use a mesh strainer and pour the liquid through it into a glass container. (Make sure it’s cooled enough.) Refrigerate and shake gently before serving.
Serves: 5 Calories per serving: 100
- 4 cups cranberry juice (unsweetened)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 2 tbsp. water
- Lime (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While simmering, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, agave and heat over medium-low heat, gently stirring, until the cranberries pop and are well coated with agave. Set aside.
- Pour the cranberry juice mixture into mugs (this recipe serves four), and then pour the cranberry/agave mixture in each mug using a spoon. Serve hot!
Serves: 4 Calories per serving: 100
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
- 2/3 cup chilled ginger beer
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Muddle cranberries with honey in a pitcher.
- Add apple cider, ginger beer and lemon juice.
- Divide among four glasses. Serve chilled over ice.